Thursday 22 August 2013

Life

Life is all about the people you spend it with

For Grady

Why can't it all just be easy?

Life is precious.
Life is fragile.
Life tugs at the chords of your heart.

Frustrating, infuriating, devastating.

Life is Brewers games and Nwallace.
Life is hanging out, playing poker and talking until the early morning.
Life sends you to George Webb's because it's the only place that's open.

Depressing, eye-opening, tear-jerking.

It's hard to imagine my life without my friend.
You see it. You see it everywhere. The news. Facebook. School. But it's different when it happens to you.

Life is hammerschlagen.
Life is driving the Mini-Cooper 10 blocks to State Fair.
Life eagerly and often reminds you of its friend, death.

I don't know what to do. I don't know what to say, or to whom to say it.

9.000 miles shouldn't prevent me from mourning, so why does it feel like I'm here all alone?
Life is a brotherhood.

Nothing will ever be the same. Nothing can ever be the same.

For every tear I shed, I am reminded that I am here in Melbourne, unable to do a thing.
But I know.
I know he wouldn't want crying. He'd want laughing. And witty banter. And swag like Caillou.

This is one of the hardest days of my life.




Life is everything.
But nothing.

Rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment